Inspiration from Acne Studios
Obsession of night and day, a growing garden seen from a young woman’s eyes, and Swedish heritage of naturalism and functionality create the framework of the Acne Studios Resort 2014 collection. Natural materials, fluid satin, iridescent sequins and shaved fur juxtaposed in a silhouette including draped evening wear, coats and utilitarian work wear that embraces movement and free creativity. The colour palette includes tangerine, natural gradients of blue carried tone on tone and variations of gold.
Runway stylist Franco Gobbi for Moroccanoil created soft, understated, fashion-forward looks with a touch of old-world romance. Complementing the naturally fluid lines of Acne Studios Spring/Summer 2014 Resort Collection, they were boldly natural and free flowing. Long, sultry summer hair was accented by unique textural twists and sophisticated flattened knots bound below the crown. Lightweight summer hats rested above the knotted back detail.
How the look was created:
- “We first applied new Moroccanoil Root Boost (currently available exclusively in the U.S.) at the roots, and especially at the crown to provide lift and texture, as well as to add a natural-looking shine and healthy condition.”
- “I sprayed the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium and used a Moroccanoil Professional Series Blowdryer as I worked my hands through the hair starting at the forehead, then back and to the sides. This created a softened texture with natural movement.”
- “After making a V-shape from the crown towards the back of the head, we placed the hair into a low ponytail mid-head.”
- “Next, I lightly sprayed Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on my fingers, and then worked it through the ponytail for added manageability, smoothness and shine. I then curled the ponytail around itself to create high-placed, casual looking, flattened knots. I sprayed them with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, bound and attached them to the top with a hairpin, so they would lay tightly against the head.”
- “I then sprayed my hands with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, and brushed them loosely through the models’ hair to shape and break up the natural waves we had created.”
- “To complete, I freed strands to flow down around the models’ faces, creating flyaways. This added a romantic, soft mood to the slightly windblown look. The effect looked effortless but was actually quite carefully considered and executed.”
- “For the final touch, we used Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on the ends of the hair, and to separate any strands that fell below the shoulder for a soft, sensual feeling.”
NEW Moroccanoil Root Boost is a new styling innovation that gives natural-looking height and lift by fortifying and thickening hair at the root, without the need for backcombing or adding any stress to the hair. This weightless, volumizing spray works beautifully for every hair type and texture, including straight, fine, or curly. It instantly thickens strands at the roots to give a long-lasting, full-bodied lift to every style, for volume that never falls flat. (Available exclusively in the U.S.)
Moroccanoil® Glimmer Shine Spray creates an instant mist of long-lasting, incomparable shine while protecting hair from the damaging effects of UV light and free radicals. (MSRP: $25.80/100ml)
Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Medium locks in styles all day long without compromising shine or luminosity. A proprietary argan oil-infused formula, it produces a strong, manageable and touchable hold with a burst of healthy-looking shine. (MRSP: $23.80/330ml)
Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Strong is formulated with a combination of highly sophisticated ingredients infused with argan oil. A lightweight, workable hairspray, it provides lasting, healthy and strong hold with reflective shine that fights frizz and humidity. (MSRP: $23.80/330ml)
Moroccanoil offers innovative, easy-to-use, performance-driven formulas that dramatically transform all hair types resulting in beautiful, healthy, natural-looking hair. As the pioneer of an all-new oil treatment hair care category, Moroccanoil has quickly become a runaway hit among fashion and beauty insiders and has generated a cult following among top stylists and their A-list celebrity clients. Launched seven years ago, Moroccanoil products are now available in 40 countries around the globe.
Moroccanoil® products are available at fine salons and spas. For more information, visit http://www.Moroccanoil.com.