Not sure what to be for Halloween this year? The artists at Make Up For Ever have come up with looks for your to either #GetGhouled or #GetGlammed this season.
Get skulled – Created by Charlie Suwannajun – North Park
1. Cover your eyebrows with spirit gum and plaits wax and prep skin with Face and Body Foundation.
2. Apply Clown White with an eclipse sponge starting through the centre and working outward.
3. Sculpt contours of the cheeks, temples, and jaws with Flash Color in grey (mix black and white). Use a powder puff to set foundation with Super Matte Loose Powder #0.
4. Deepen contour with Artist Shadow #M-110 & M-100 using brush #150, blend to create dimension and define bone structure to look like a skull.
1. Use Artist Liner #M-10 to outline overall shape sketch designs around the eyes, nose and forehead.
2. Apply Aqua Black to the eyes and nose; also, Aquamatic #D-12 use as a highlight to contrast dimension.
3. Set the eyes and nose using Brush #226 with Artist Shadow #D-104 and reinforce highlights with Artist Shadow #D-222.
4. Top off around the eyes, nose and forehead with Flash Color in red to create the illusion of the cracked skull. Set and reinforce shading using Artist Shadow #M-100, M-110, and M-846.
5. Finish all find details with Black and White Aquarelle using brush #150.
Eyes technique – Smokey technique
1. Apply Aqua Black across the upper lid and lower lash lines and smudge to blend onto the lid and up to the brow bone. Shape as desired eye socket.
2. Apply Artist Liner #M-10 into the waterline.
3. Later Artist Shadow #M-100 over Aqua Black and blend up to the edge of the eye socket.
4. Finish with Smoky Lash mascara.
1. Sketch overall outline around the lips and jaw to create teeth and hollow of the raw with Artist Liner #M-10.
2. Apply Flash Color in white to fill in the teeth and Flash Color in grey to create dimension of the teeth. To set, apply Artist Shadow #M-126 and M-500.
3. Apply Aqua Black with Brush #250 to create the depth of the teeth. Also, Aqua Black use for the hollow of the jaw and set with Artist Shadow #D-104.
4. Apply Flash Color in red to create the blood and bruise around the lips and jaw. Finish all fine details with black and white Aquarelle.
Day of the Dead – Created by Yvonne Macinnis – regional educator east
1. Cover your eyebrows using spirit gum and plaits wax.
2. Apply a sheer layer of white Flash Color over the entire face with flat edge of the Ellipse Sponge. Apply a sheer amount around eye contours (where dark will be placed later). Cover the entire lip area in this step and set with Super Matte Loose #0 and the Velvet Powder Puff.
3. Use the angled end of the brush #158 with Artist Shadow #M-100 on the cheek contours and the perimeter of your face.
4. Mix fuchsia and white Flash Color and lightly blend pink into forehead, below cheek contour, chin, and centre of the lip using Brush #158. Set with Super Matte Loose #0.
5. Apply #943 Star Powder to centre of the eyelid and fade up to the brown with brush #242. Also, apply to cheekbones and centre of the nose.
Eyes Technique – Smoky Contrast
1. On an eyelid primed with Eye Prime, line the upper and lower lash lines and waterline with Artist Liner #M10. On the upper lash line, draw a line thin at the centre and a little thicker on the inner and outer corner of the eye.
2. Still using Artist Liner, shape the eye lid by creating parenthesis “( )” on the inner and outer corners of the eye lid. Blend using brush #216 to taper the top to meet finely in the centre.
3. Apply Artist Shadow #110 to blend the darker shade and hug the “ball” of the eye through the crease. Blend darkest shade in Sculpting Kit 2 through crease using brush #242.
4. Apply contrasting shade Star Powder #943 to the centre of the eyelid using brush #226.
5. Apply Flash Color in black to fill the eye socket design. Set with Artist Shadow #M-100.
6. Finish look with Smoky Extravagant mascara and faux lash as desired.
7. To add more dazzle to your look, apply Diamond Powder #1.
1. Mark out details with a well-sharpened 0L Aqua Eyes pencil. Resharpen as necessary to ensure lines are not too thick.
2. Retrace details with #13 Aqua Liner. Use Aqua Black on upper and lower lash line and on waterline.
3. Apply Strass in pearl or crystal to forehead (inner area of spider web design).
1. Using brush #226, press Flash Color in light pink to the lips.
2. Apply depth in the centre of the lips using black Flash Color and brush 300.
3. Finish black lines using Aqua Liner #13.
Femme Fetale – Created by Tara Vasquez, head makeup artist south coast
1. Mix Clown White with a dab of black Flash Color to create a soft grey colour. Apply all over the face using an ellipse sponge.
2. Define highlights using Clown White and an ellipse sponge. Then, set using Super Matte Loose #0.
3. Reinforce highlighted areas Artist shadow #M-126 mixed with #ME-122 for a soft, satin finish using brush #152.
4. Sculpt cheeks, temples, nose, chin, and slope of the lip using brush #150. First, apply Artist Shadow #M-110. Then, add more depth with Artist Shadow #M-100.
5. Finish your complexion by adding a mole under your right eye using Black and brush #252.
Eyes Technique – Classic Lift Technique
1. Create an arched, full eyebrow using Aqua Black and brush #252.
2. Over the primed eyelid, apply Clown White onto the eyelid and blend up to the crease using brush #226 and then set with Artist Shadow #ME-122.
3. Define the lower lash line with Artist Liner M10, smudge gently extending out and upwards.
4. To create the V-shape, imagine a line that extends from the lower lash line upwards to the end of the brow.
5. Reinforce depth by applying Artist Shadow M-100 on outer corner and stretch into the crease.
6. Apply using brush #216.
7. Using brush #234, apply medium shade Artist Shadow #M-100 to the edge of your darkest shade and blend using brush #216.
8. Apply a heavy cat-eye eyeliner using Aqua Black and brush #252.
9. Finish with Smoky Lash mascara and faux lash.
1. Line lips with Aqua Lip 8C to the bow of the top lip, then the lower bottom lip. Next, define both corners of the lip. Now, connect the lines together starting at the outer corners and connecting to the centre point. Shade the lips slightly to create dimension.
2. Apply Rouge Artist Intense #43.
3. For a matte finish, set lip with HD Finishing Powder and HD Powder Puff.
Life in Plastic – Created by Brittany Lambert- Head makeup artist, Robertson
1. Prime your skin using HD Elixir.
2. For flawless doll-like skin, mix Fill Cover Concealer and Face and Body Foundation. Apply it with an elipse sponge.
3. Set with Super Matte Loose #0 and Velvet Powder Puff.
4. Contour using Sculpting Kit #2.
5. Apply HD Blush #325 to the apples of your cheeks.
6. Highlight your cheekbones, nose, chin, and other high plains of your face with Star Powder #940 and brush #144.
7. Finish with HD Pressed Powder and set with Mist and Fix.
Eyes Technique – Classic Lift
1. Create the perfect brow using Aqua Brow #25 and brush #252 to draw on individual eyebrow hairs.
2. Over an eyelid primed with Eye Prime, apply Artist Shadow #s-204 blended up to crease using brush #226.
3. Sculpt the upper lash line with Artist Liner M10, smudge gently, extending out and upwards. Be careful to not “close” the corner with your blending. Apply white Eye Kohl under eye. Then, apply Artist Liner #M10 in inner rim of your eye.
4. Apply Artist Liner M-10 in the crease with eyes open, looking straight forward. To create the winged shape, imagine a line that extends from the lower lash line upwards to the end of the brow and blend using brush #216.
5. Create disconnected winged liner under eye using Artist Liner M10, extend out and upwards to create the illusion of a large eye, blend slightly using brush #220.
6. Set and reinforce your crease and disconnected bottom liner with Artist Shadow #M-100 and brush #214.
7. Apply medium Artist Shadow S-854 to soften and blend just above the crease line and beneath the lower lash line. Apply Artist Shadow #s-900 under crease to hug your eyelid using brush #216.
8. Using cat eye liner, using Aqua Black and brush #252.
9. Apply Smoky Lash mascara and faux lash as desired.
1. Line lips with Aqua Lip Liner 18C to the bow of the top lip, then the lower bottom lip. Next, define both corners of the lip. Now, connect the lines together starting at the outer corners and connecting to the centre point. Shade the lips slightly to create dimension.
2. Apply Rouge Artist Intense #36.
3. Finish with Labshine S2.