Celebrity Manicurist Kimmie Kyees created Red Heart French Tips (perfect for Valentine’s Day!) for Meghan Trainor using Red Carpet ManicureCandid Moments Gel Polish as the base and Red Carpet Manicure’s Ruby Gel Polish to create the red heart tips. Ruby is part of the Power of the Gem Collection, which features real genuine crushed rubies.
How To by Kimmie Kyees:
- First, I prepped Meghan’s acrylic nails by filing, buffing and shaping them into a point. Next, I used Red Carpet Manicure Prep, applied Red Carpet Manicure’s Structure Base Gel Coat and cured in Red Carpet manicure’s LED light for 30 seconds.
- Next, I painted a coat of Red Carpet Manicure’s Candid Moments Gel Polish and cured for 45 seconds. Repeated for second coat.
- Then using a striper brush, I placed a small dot of Red Carpet Manicure Ruby Gel Polish to the free edge. This tip marks the center of the heart.
- Now play connect the dots! Using a striper brush, pull the colour up to an even arch on both sides. Then colour inside the lines using Red Carpet Manicure Ruby Gel Polish, then I added super fine red loose glitter to the heart and cured for 45 seconds.
- Apply Red Carpet Manicure Brilliance Top Coat, cure for 45 seconds.
- Remove tacky residue with Red Carpet Manicure Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser.
Red Carpet Manicure created a custom lacquer, called Red Carpet Manicure Sugar Pop, inspired by Ariana Grande, which launched on the fingers of the songstress at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards. Celebrity Manicurist, Carla Kay worked with Red Carpet Manicure to create the colour and named it with the powerhouse singer in mind. Red Carpet Manicure Sugar Pop Nail Lacquer will be available in summer 2015.
“Ariana is really into pale, chalky shades right now so I worked with Red Carpet Manicure to blend an opaque pink colour that would complement her skin tone,” said Celebrity Manicurist, Carla Kay. “Choosing a name was easy! I was inspired by one of the biggest Pop singers in the world & the colour is just a perfect sugar-sweet. There you have it: Sugar Pop.”
Meanwhile, Mary J. Blige wowed in her silver J. Mendel dress on the carpet. She gave and incredible performance with Sam Smith, what a powerful duet. She paired both of her Grammy looks with a subtle nail look courtesy of SpaRitual’s Reminisce. Celebrity manicurist Kimmie Kyess put together Mary’s sleek nail look for Music’s biggest night.