Nails: Alicia Torello for OPI
Art nouveau and dark romance took centre stage at Rodarte’s NYFW Fall 2016 show. OPI Lead Nail Artist Alicia Torello and the OPI team of nail tech pros used dark OPI Infinite Shine shades for dark black nails with a hint of bright red undercoat surrounding the edge, giving a romantic depth and texture to the colour. The pedicure colours were neutral Infinite Shine shades that will be out this summer.
- Prime nails using the OPI Infinite Shine PRIMER Base Coat for real staying power and stain-free removal.
- Apply two thin coats of ultra-rich lacquer. For this show, the lacquers that were used were OPI Infinite Shine Raisin’ The Bar.
- Once the lacquer is dry, apply one coat of OPI Infinite Shine We’re In The Black.
- Allow two minutes to set then seal the look with one thin coat of OPI Infinite Shine GLOSS Top Coat.
- For the pedicures, upcoming OPI Infinite Shine Summer shades were used, OPI Infinite Shine Staying Neutral on This One and OPI Infinite Shine No Strings Attached.
Nails: Miss Pop for OPI
Jeremy Scott’s space cowboys, including supermodel headliner Karlie Kloss, at his NYFW Fall 2016 show needed intergalactic nails to match his Fall 2016 collection; and OPI’s lead nail artist Miss Pop was only too happy to extend the designer’s over-the-top vernacular to the models’ fingers.
- Start by applying OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.
- Apply two layers of lacquer to make sure the colour is saturated. For this show, the lacquers that were used were OPI Shorts Story, OPI I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana, OPI A Good Mandarin is Hard To Find, OPI Infinite Shine To Infinity & Blue-yond, and OPI Infinite Shine The Sun Never Sets.
- Once the lacquer is dry, apply a layer of pearlescent polish. For this show, the lacquer used was OPI Kyoto Pearl.
- Allow a few minutes to set then seal the look with OPI Top Coat.